Gung Hay Fat Choy! This year is a big year… 2014 marks my last year for RECEIVING lucky pocket money from all of my married relatives. Tradition goes that when you get married you have to give all your unmarried relatives lucky red pocket money. Sigh, in the meantime I’ve decided to give a few little cards filled with my Chinese New Years’ blessings. So here’s wishing all of you health & happiness for always.
Project: DIY Fortune Cookie Card
- 1 piece of craft paper cardstock
- 1 piece of red cardstock
- Circular dinner plate
- Double-sided tape
- Gold pen
1. Lay out your plate on the piece of craft paper cardstock.
2. Trace a circle around the plate – creating a circle.
3. Cut out your circle from the cardstock.
4. Fold the circle in half and pinch the half circle in the middle.
5. Stick a piece of double-sided tape in the middle on one side of the crease.
6. Bring the tips together and stick the sides on either side of the crease together.
7. Cut a small strip out of the red cardstock and write your special Chinese New Year message on the card with your gold pen.
8. Slip your message in the side of the card.
Gung Hay Fat Choy everyone!