Mother’s day is just around the corner, and if you’re like me – in the midst of juggling work, our blog, and other projects/events I’m working on, I’m scrambling to get something made before Sunday. Aah! Well, it honestly doesn’t have to be complicated. Beyond the gifts and the cards and phone calls, it’s really the thought and the love behind it that makes it all worthwhile for our moms. If you’re the type that likes to make your own gifts or cards for Mother’s Day, well we’ve got some ideas for you. If you don’t, I’m sure you’ll find most of these projects are easy to make and surprise your mom with something you made with your own two hands :)
1. DIY Watercolour and Calligraphy card. Nothing beats a handwritten card to complement any gift that you make for your mother. Dianne Faw created a simpler version of this card on her blog, too – using white-ink pens!
2. A kimono-inspired wrap scarf. Moms love scarves. Period. This versatile scarf is perfect worn around the neck or as a wrap-around!
3. A pack of power cookies. We know our moms are always working behind the scenes to make things work. Sometimes I wonder if they even have any time in the world to eat! Well, give her a power boost with these delicious energy-filled cookies!
4. Linen Circle Scarf. There’s definitely something about mom and scarves. (Or women and scarves, in general). She’ll love this one for nippy spring weather, or even for fall!
5. Paint something. Remember when we were younger and we would bring home art projects that our moms would lovingly display on the fridge. Well, I’m sure she’ll display any artwork you’ll come up today too. :)
6. Make her breakfast. Of course we just have to cook breakfast for mom on Mothers’ Day. Why don’t you try making baked eggs – they’re hearty and delicious, and yet so easy to make.
7. Orange Chiffon Cake. Nothing beats a light, fluffy cake for mom on her special day.
8. Sewing kit in jar. Just when you thought we’ll get tired of mason jars. How about a sewing kit in it?
9. DIY flower bouquets. There’s lots of paper flower tutorials online, but this really caught my eye because you can totally incorporate it in your packaging.
11. Flower fabric scrap tote bag. Moms always need bags for something. Decorate a tote bag with your leftover scrap fabric to make it extra special.
12. Ombre studded zipper pouch. This is a little harder than some of the projects we’ve shared, but hey – it’s definitely one of a kind and moms will find a need for zipper pouches anytime.
13. DIY Ombre Flower Vase. I’m sure your mom wouldn’t mind getting another vase, especially when it’s oh-so-pretty ombre like this in her favourite colour!
14. Fabric covered mousepads. While mousepads aren’t really as useful as they were before, I think this perfect tutorial is great for coasters, too!
15. Sun-kissed Ombre pillowcases. Make them even for bedroom pillows.
16. French Macarons. Want a more challenging baking adventure? Try making these macarons… most moms have a sweet tooth for some reason. This is sure to please!
17. Gold Painted Tray. Spruce up your mom’s kitchen with this super easy and pretty tray project!
18. Colorful polymer clay pens. These cool polymer clay pens are perfect for mom’s busy desk!
19. Earl Grey cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting. Does your mom love earl grey tea? Well this is the perfect gift for her if you don’t want to give her tea again this year.
20. Blooming monogram. This blooming sign is perfect for decorating mom’s room.
21. Dip-dyed baskets. I’m sure your mom wouldn’t object to getting more fruit baskets for her kitchen.
22. DIY Chalkboard Ceramic Containers. With the amount of food and “stuff” moms store, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind these cool storage organizers that she can label multiple times!
23. DIY terrarium kit. Does your mom love plants? Well she’ll love a terrarium for sure.
24. DIY Creative Inspiration Board. If your mom’s like mine, she rather do away with anything computer-related. This creative inspiration board is perfect for her recipes, Bible verses, cards that she collects for ideas since she would rather not use Pinterest!
25. DIY Photo frame for many photos. Moms treasure photos a whole lot more than a lot of people. She’ll love being able to display more than one!
Take some time to get a little project done! Mother’s day is this Sunday!